Terms & Conditions
1. Deposits, Payments and Bookings
1.1 When a booking is made with Sparks Event Management regardless of the method of contact it is deemed that the customer has read, understood and is bound by our terms and conditions of hire.
1.2 A deposit of 25% is required on booking to secure an event date, you have 14 days from booking to pay this deposit following the payment agreement instructions sent to you with your invoice. If the deposit is not received in this time then the date will be released to other customers.
1.3 If the event is cancelled within 28 days, all monies paid will be kept by Sparks Event Management, otherwise only the deposit will be retained.
1.4 All full balances need to be received and cleared 28 days prior to the event.
1.5 All equipment remains the property of Sparks Event Management at all times.
1.6 If any terms and conditions change, you will be notified before your event by email if supplied.
2. Space and access, venue, location and equipment
2.1 It is your responsibility to ensure Sparks Event Management is given the correct venue address, postcode and contact details. The company cannot be held responsible for delays due to incorrect information.
2.2 If you have booked a photobooth package, we offer an open-air photo studio or an inflatable surround photobooth ranging up to 8x8x8ft. If on arrival, the company deems the venue is not suitable for the photobooth, we will set up a photo studio at the original stated cost.
2.3 Sparks Event Management is covered by Public Liability Insurance up to £5 million and all our equipment is PAT tested. It is your responsibility to check this is acceptable by the venue. We are not responsible if the venue refuses to allow Sparks Event Management to operate.
2.4 Sparks Event Management cannot be held responsible in the event that the venue’s electrical supply is or becomes faulty and affects the running of our equipment. If it is shown that the venue is at fault no refund will be given, if the fault is with Sparks Event Management then a part or full refund will be payable depending on the scenario.
2.5 Hired equipment will be set up in one location agreed on arrival and once unloaded cannot be moved.
3. Timings and set up services
3.1 In the event you need to change timings we will do our best to accommodate them, however we cannot guarantee we can meet these changes.
4. Damage to equipment and safety of staff, termination of hire
4.1 In the event of behaviour by guests that could affect the safe running of our equipment, damage to the photo booth, props or other equipment, or rudeness or threats to our staff we reserve the right to immediately cease use of the equipment and remove it from the event. In this instance the hire fee still remains payable in full.
4.2 The customer is responsible for any damage to any of our equipment by their guests.
4.3 If the attendant feels due to excess alcohol someone is unfit to use the equipment we reserve the right to refuse them access to or near Sparks Event Management’s equipment.
5. Events beyond our control
5.1 Sparks Event Management cannot be held responsible for circumstances that may prevent us from attending your event that are out of our control.
5.2 Once an event has begun if any problems arise, staff will report this issue to the Management, who will look at ways to rectify any issue at the time. If the issue is rectified at the event with minimal disruption, the client will not be entitled to any form of refund or discount on future bookings.
5.3 If any issue causes major disruption to an event, staff have limited authorisation in which they can offer a reasonable amendment to the services provided to rectify these issues. If the customer is happy with this reslove, no refund or discount will be given for the event.
5.4 If any customer is unhappy with any issues that were unresolvable at their event they must contact the management team within 7 days of the event taking place to input a complaint, this will then be reviewed by a member of the management team and responsed to once a full investiagtion has taken place.
5.5 All issues must be addressed with staff at the event in the first instance for an initial attempt to resolve any problems.
5.6 An exception to point 5.5 is any ticketing issues in relation to sparks theatre management, this must be addressed directly to the in hours office and not adressed at the box office on the evening of a performance.
5.7 Sparks Event Management has the right to refuse any form of refund if point 4.1 & 5.6 applies.
6. Health and safety
6.1 Participants using the company’s equipment do so at their own risk. They must be physically fit to take part in any event activity and free from any illnesses or conditions which may render the activity hazardous.
7. No Liability
7.1 We accept no responsibility for any personal possessions lost, stolen or damaged at the event.
7.2 In the event of illness, injury, or death, Sparks Event Management accepts no responsibility if clients do not adhere to these terms and conditions unless it is proven negligence of the company.
8. Use of images
8.1 The hirer agrees that all images taken can be uploaded to a public web gallery; this may include our social media pages. All images are owned solely by Sparks Event Management and its subsidiaries.
8.2 The hirer grants us permission to use any images for advertising and promotional purposes.
8.3 We will delete any images deemed to be offensive, or could cause embarrassment to individuals and will consider removing any picture from our website if requested to do so.
9.1 Videographers and equipment are supplied by Sparks event management and Sparks event management staff. The staff solely are held accountable and responsible for equipment at all times.
9.2 Some videography packages are 28-day turnaround guaranteed, if this is the case, this means your footage will be dispatched from the Sparks event management office 28 days after your event. This only applies to standard editing, if you are requesting additional footage or editing, this will take longer and voids our guarantee. Additional copies are not guaranteed.
The Hirer or The Customer is the person or company booking Sparks Event Management’s services. Sparks Event Management is the service provider and is referred to as the company
10. Discounts & Offers
10.1 All discounts offered by sparks, are subject to a maximum of 12 months. Discounts unless specified otherwise by management are on Full price items only, and cannot be used with any other promotions, package deals or temporarily discounted items. Only one discount/discount code can be used at any one time. 10.2 Discount use is subject to Sparks Staff discretion and can only be used on a maximum of 3 full price items at any one time unless specified otherwise by the management.
10.3 Management reserves the right to revoke discounts and offers prior to their end date at any time without notice.
Videography Competition: January 2018
1. This competition closes on 31.01.2018, and a winner will be drawn at random from selected candidates who have liked, shared and/or commented on our facebook post. We will use public information off the winners profile including their profile picture and location (if available) to announce the winner.
2. The winner will be entitled to a £695 wedding videography package, described in our 2017-2018 wedding and events brochure.
3. The winner will have to pay in full, any travel expenses incurred from the event.
4. £0.35 per mile charge must be payable from Manchester Piccadilly Station to the venue, each way
5. If the venue is over 50 miles away (100 return miles,) an additional charge will be payable by the winner for an overnight stay for our staff at the rate of a local hotel. Sparks event management must not profit from this additional charge.
6. This is a competition hosted by our Manchester base, charges apply from our Manchester base only, and not our Surrey base.
7. The winner may add additional/extension services at the current rate, but is not obliged to do so.
8. If the winner would like a face-to-face consultation to discuss their day and filming, the winner may choose a location of their choice, but must pay a £0.35 per each way mileage charge. Staffing costs must be paid for by the Sparks event management promotions budget, it is only expenses that must be covered by the competition winner.
9. The prize cannot be exchanged for another service and the prize holds no cash value.
10. The customer cannot be reimbursed any value after the event.
11. Payments must be made within 14 days of promotional booking being made. All travel fees and expenses are non-refundable. The terms and conditions must be read, signed and returned from the winner within 14 days.
12. Changes can be requested, but cannot be guaranteed by Sparks event management.
100VOUCHER18 - £100 off voucher - April 2018
1. This voucher applies to new full price commercial bookings only from our website and brochure
2. The voucher cannot be used for bookings placed after 11.05.2018
3. The voucher excludes catering, entertainers, sweet stall and our ferris wheels
4. The voucher cannot be used with any other offer or prize
5. All other standard terms and conditions apply
6. Minimum spend of £300 applies
The Company reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. In the event that any changes are made, the revised terms and conditions shall be posted on this website immediately. This does not affect your statutory rights.
For new and existing bookings, call our office on
0161 327 2781
When calling, for Sparks Event Management, please press Option 1